Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Counting Down

We are mere days away from our big move! About 90% of our house is packed and still I feel like I have a million things to do.

Blah blah blah... who cares about my problems?

Cute things the kids have said recently:

* Clark talks in full sentences, uses words like "I" and "my" and "mine," and occasionally busts out with words I didn't know he knew like "princess" (we have zero princess-culture in our house) or "unbuckle." He has amazing manners, says please and thank you, and even says "Bless you, Mommy" when I sneeze (which totally melts my heart). He's very quick to tell you "I don't like that" or "I don't want that." His favorite song is  "Barbara Ann" by the Beach Boys. And he has this thing about putting laundry baskets on his head and then, in a staccato, mechanical voice saying, "RO-BOT! RO-BOT! RO-BOT!"

* Henry has been doing awesome, awesome, awesome in school and speech therapy lately. All of a sudden, a bunch of things have just started clicking for him. He's getting really good at following complex directions, and in a matter of weeks he went from recognizing none of the letters of the alphabet by sight to recognizing all of them. BOOM!

* We read a Sleeping Beauty story a few weeks ago and Georgia LOVED it. Now every night when she climbs into bed she says to me, "Mommy! I'm Sleeping Booty!" I know I should probably correct her mistake, but it's so funny and cute to me that I don't say anything. Bad parenting? Maybe. But if she ever needs a cool pirate queen name, she's already one step ahead of the game.

* Elise continues to say something ridiculous every single day. Today's gem was, "Mommy. I don't like to poop. When I poop, my bottom smells like buffaloes."

No comments:

Post a Comment