Monday, May 13, 2013

Recent Goings On

We're moving soon. I can't believe all of the stuff I have to do. So much stuff. So many kids. So many kids' toys and clothes and beds and winter jackets all the jackets why do we have so many jackets???

To further complicate things, I got a part time job that will start immediately after we move. I haven't worked outside of the home in over three years. Three years, two months, five days and counting. I'm kind of excited. Except for the fact that the only clothes I currently own are sweat pants and t-shirts stained with random collections of bodily fluids. So I guess I should update my wardrobe a bit. Or at least get some nice earrings to distract from the visible straps of the sports bra that I like to wear every day.

I told Elise today that I would be starting a job once we move.

"You'll be working with Daddy?" (Because everyone on the planet who works must go to the same place, right?)

"No, a different place."

"Will there be other mommies?"

"Yeah, actually, there's another mommy there."

"It's called Mummy Tummies?"

"Are you asking if the place I'll be working at is called Mummy Tummies?"

Glassy-eyed stare for about 5 seconds straight. And then, "It was a joke, Mommy."

"Oh, I see. Since there's two mommies there, you wanted to know if we'll be working at a place called Mummy Tummies. That's a good joke, Elise!"

More staring. "Yeah. It was a good one."

Oh, well. Can't win them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment