Friday, June 15, 2012

Elise and Clark Notes

* Clark had cherries for the first time today. He had wheat cereal added to his diet, too, starting about a week ago. Clark is at that magical age where he'll eat anything I put on his spoon.

* Clark is still army crawling. No belly-off-the-floor crawling yet.

* Elise is obsessed with eating dried figs lately. She super loves them.

* When we read the kids books we always tell them who the author is. Elise recognizes certain books or styles of books and will tell you who wrote them. In particular, she knows Dr. Seuss, Sandra Boynton, Anna Dewdney (the Llama Llama books) although she calls her Annie Doodie, Laura Numeroff (the If You Give A Mouse a Cookie books) although she calls her Lorla Nooner-off, and Eric Carl who is known as Eric Carlo for some reason.

* Today at breakfast Elise told me, "I having a rough morning, Mommy. The vacuum cleaner scared me." I'm sure she's heard us say something like that before, but sometimes the things she picks up and repeats (and then uses in the proper context) blow my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment