Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Enough with the Poop Jokes

Elise continues to think that poop is the funniest thing on the planet and does her very best to insert mention of it into every conversation possible. The other day as we were leaving the speech therapist's office:

Receptionist: Bye, Henry! Bye, Elise! See you soon!

Elise: Bye! See you... POOP!

And she runs away laughing.

I try not to react to most of her shenanigans, but she seems to intuitively know what's inappropriate. At the pharmacy a day or two later, Elise caressed her shirt and said in her loudest voice that was just barely not yelling, "Mommy! I have big nipples! I have HUGE nipples." She doesn't, by the way. But that didn't stop her from rubbing her nipples through her shirt, dancing up and down the aisle we were in, and singing, "Look at my big, big nipples! Look at my big, BIG nipples! Look at my BIG, BIG NIPPLES!!!"

I'm cataloging this stuff. And then as soon as she becomes a teenager, I vow to return each and every one of these little favors. Ten more years until her 13th birthday. I can't wait...

1 comment: