Friday, March 1, 2013

Clark Has Ear Infections

Poor little Babu. Ear infections in both ears. He's been super congested with a yucky cough for over a week now. I finally took him to the doctor today, as it became obvious the problem wasn't going to resolve itself. I wasn't expecting ear infections; his cough sounds so bad I was only thinking he might have a respiratory infection. His chest is clear, but his ears look terrible. He'll be on a round of antibiotics (not amoxicillin!) for the next 10 days.

I always feel like a terrible mother when I take my kids to the doctor and then I'm told that they have something wrong with them that I wasn't expecting. I feel like I missed something. Clark didn't have a fever, he wasn't pulling on his ears... nothing like that. He's been cranky, but I figured that was just because he's so congested.

Hopefully he'll start feeling better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment