Sunday, December 11, 2011

Husband Gives His First Haircut, Elise Sings In French

Husband and I bought some hair clippers today. We're really lousy about taking Henry to get regular haircuts. We haven't found a place that we really like, and since he's so young, there aren't very many places that will cut his hair anyhow. He sits still and does really well while his hair is being trimmed, but most of the places we've talked to simply wont cut a child's hair who is under 3 years old. So we decided that we'd learn to do it ourselves. Save a little money in the process.

As today was the first time Husband has ever cut hair, we agreed that he wouldn't attempt anything fancy. All one length. Just cut it all off. Buzz, buzz, buzz. And it looked okaaaaaaaaaaaay... but kind of... off somehow. Quick Google search. And we found out the trick to cutting hair with clippers. Husband clipped from back to front and then front to back, or "with the grain and against the grain" as he called it. But you have to also clip from the left side of the head to the right side, and then from the right side to the left side. Those hairs must be buzzed from every direction. And it looked much better. Yay, Husband! You did it!

In other news:

Elise has been singing "Frere Jacques" like crazy lately. She sings the tune perfectly. It's especially adorable, though, because she has her own silly words for the song. "Frarah Jocka, frarah Jocka, do moo moo? Do moo moo?..."

I love talking with her because she's a little bit crazy. The other day we were in the car and it was close to lunch time. I was telling her that we'd go home and eat soon. "Mommy eating lunch?" Yes, I said, I would be eating lunch. "Eating?" she asked. I assumed she wanted to know what I would eat, so to tease her I said, "I eat BABIES for lunch!" She looked at me and said, "Elise eating mommies..." dramatic pause "... ALL GONE!" She one-upped me. You're good Elise.

1 comment: