Monday, March 12, 2012

Bumped Into Bo, Georgia's Tooth, Etc.

* I opened the door at Georgia's dentist's office today and saw Bo and his mom sitting there. (Bo is the foster son that lived with us for a year, before Henry and Georgia came to live with us.) It was really nice to see them. I'm so glad that we developed a good relationship with Bo's mom because that would have been SUPER awkward otherwise. Yikes! But instead we sat and chatted for about 15 minutes. Bo is doing great, by the way.

* The dentist said that there's not much for us to do about Georgia's chipped tooth right now, other than watch it. Apparently nerve damage and blood vessel damage takes about a month to show up in damaged teeth. I didn't know that. So now we're watching to see if she gets any little pimples or blisters on her gums or any discoloration in her tooth.

* Clark has been saying B sounds for the past few days. Mostly when we're changing his diaper. If Husband or I lay him down, he starts jabbering away, "Buuuuh! Ba ba buuuuuuh!"

* Husband calls Henry "Buddy" a lot. Like, "Hey, Buddy! Don't forget to pick up your shoes!" Elise has picked this habit up, too. But she not only uses "Buddy" to speak to Henry, she also uses it to talk about him. It sounds funny. She'll say, "Mama! Buddy spilled his juice!" or "Buddy won't hold Elisey's hand!" She calls Clark "Babu" sometimes, too, which is my pet name for him. And then one day we were watching an animal show and the narrator started talking about baboons as images of baboons came on the tv-- Elise misheard it as "babu" and thought that was sooooo funny. "Babu, Mama! Babu! Ha ha ha!" Or maybe she's been calling him "baboon" all along and I just didn't hear her correctly...

* Elise woke up just now, after she'd been put in bed for the night. I comforted her and then as I was leaving the room I asked, "Is there anything I can get you?" She said, "Butterfly wings."

No comments:

Post a Comment