Friday, March 2, 2012

More Elise Talk

1. Today Elise was brushing my hair. Hesitantly she said, "Hmm... you're looking better, Mommy." Thanks, Elise. I can use all of the help I can get.

2. Today Elise was "reading" Clark a book. She was flipping through the pages of "The Color Kittens" and talking about what was on each page. About halfway through she said, "Oh! I forgot to mention something." No, I thought, I must have misheard her. That's a fancy thing for someone her age to say. Then she flips back a few pages and leans over to Clark and says it again. "Baby Clark, I forgot to mention something..."

3. Elise is very into figuring out who eats what. According to her, cats eat meat. Cows eat grass. Dolphins eat water. Elise eats apple juice. And then tonight, "Caterpillars eat birds."

2 comments:

  1. Tell her to keep those caterpillars away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today Chris taught Andy to say, "That is so gauche." Obviously he has not yet figured out how to use this in context. But he is definitely going to say it sometime, by chance, in a contextually appropriate situation and embarrass the pants off me.

    ReplyDelete