Saturday, April 17, 2010

Post-natal Vitamins

Since I'm breastfeeding, I have continued to take my prenatal vitamins. I just assumed that that's what you're supposed to do.

At Elise's recent doctor's appointment, I asked her doctor if I should keep taking my prenatal vitamins, or if there's something better for breastfeeding moms. He said that prenatal vitamins are fine, and that any multivitamin would really be okay.

Confession: Turns out that I'm maybe a little sexist. When he said that any multivitamin would be okay, I was immediately skeptical. What does HE know about breastfeeding, I thought to myself. Totally unfair of me. But that was my initial reaction.

1 comment:

  1. I was told that early on, the vitamin is actually more for mama than baby. Like to replace iron from all that blood loss!

    ReplyDelete