Sunday, April 25, 2010

This Round's On Me

Today I had my first beer since I found out I was pregnant. Well, half a beer. Husband and I split one.

We had a Lindeman's framboise lambic, which is a raspberry flavored beer. It's goooooood.

I am a beer drinker. I enjoy the occasional mixed drink-- usually a cape cod or a rum and pineapple or an amaretto stone sour-- and I can drink a glass of wine if I'm trying to look more sophisticated than I really am. But mostly I prefer the taste of beer. So I had been looking forward to today for quite some time.

My diet didn't change much once I found out about the baby in my belly. I don't eat meat, so I didn't have to avoid cold cuts. I don't eat fish, so I could still eat my sweet potato sushi rolls without any fears. I don't smoke. But alcohol was out the window.

Now that Elise is here, I have a little more freedom regarding what I can choose to ingest. Breastfeeding still imposes a lot of restrictions, but fewer than when you're pregnant. I can't get drunk, but I can have a beer right after a feeding, so that the alcohol is out of my system by the time the baby is hungry again.

Sorry, Elise, no beer boobies.

No comments:

Post a Comment