Thursday, April 29, 2010

Looking Forward to Next Time

Just so you know, Elise slept in 1 and 1/2 hour bursts last night. No glorious 4 hour rest periods for Mommy.

I'm surprised at how well I can function on such little sleep. I don't really nap in the daytime. I'm just not very good at it. And anyway, Elise always knows when I'm sleeping during the day and wakes up within 15 minutes. So I've stopped trying. It just frustrates me and makes me feel more tired.

My exercise bike arrived, so now that I'll be able to exercise more, I'm hoping that the sleep that I do get is deeper and more productive sleep. I always sleep better when I'm in shape.

By the way, I totally love my new exercise bike, but putting it together was ridiculous. It was the coming together of every joke about how much it sucks to sit at home and assemble a toy/shelf/whatever just arrived in a box. The directions didn't match the diagrams, the directions completely left out a rather important step that I had to figure out on my own, and I needed extra tools to get the job done. Good thing I have a graduate degree AND I went to art school for a bit, because I needed all of my skills at interpreting both the written word and poorly rendered drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment