Sunday, March 6, 2011

Baby Dreams

I had a dream the other night that I woke up in bed with the baby's head half out of my lady parts, but I couldn't push it out the rest of the way. I kept asking people to help me-- first I asked Husband, then I started calling my family-- and no one took me seriously. No one would bring me to the hospital.

Then I had a dream last night that I was in labor in the hospital and they told me that my son was going to be enormous and I wouldn't be able to push him out. I asked how big he was and they told me some number over 10 pounds and I couldn't believe it.

I don't think that these dreams are rooted in my own anxieties about my current pregnancy. I think that I'm having dreams based on my sister's recent experience with the labor and delivery of her son. James's baby noggin couldn't fit out of her pelvis and after over three hours of pushing, she had a c-section. So I guess my brain is processing that info through the filter of my own pregnancy.

And/or my body is planning on growing a mini sumo wrestler.

No comments:

Post a Comment