Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blood and Kisses

I got my first round of pregnancy bloodwork done on Friday. Being pregnant turns you into a human pin cushion, I swear.

I don't even know what they're testing for in this first bit of blood. Other than HIV/AIDS. I had to sign a special sheet consenting to allow the lab to test for HIV/AIDS. Why is that different than any other disease they test for? I don't have to sign a special sheet when they test for diabetes.

Friday and Saturday my arm was sore where the nurse/phlebotomist/whatever took my blood. Then tonight I noticed a gigantic yellow and green bruise up my arm. Ugh! Those people always bruise the crap out of my arms. What are they doing? Poking straight through my veins and out the other side?

Anyhow, let me talk about something nice now. Tonight I got to give Elise cuddles and kisses until she fell asleep. Kisses all over her pretty little face. It's been a while since I've kissed her to sleep and it was so wonderful.

I do love being a mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment