Monday, April 11, 2011

Car, Colors, Barf

Car update: repairs made for $625. Thank GOD we got a second opinion. So suck on that, stupid dealership.

Elise update: my baby is a smartypants. Elise has a book that features a different color every two pages. So there will be two facing pages of all red objects or all green objects or whatever. Elise is mildly obsessed with this book, so we've been working on colors.

Now, granted she doesn't know her colors outside of the context of this book yet. BUT, she DOES know the yellow and purple pages of her color book very well. I'll turn each page and ask her, "What color is this?" If she doesn't know she just stays quiet and I'll say, "Red," and she'll try to repeat the sound.

When I get to yellow, though, she's quick to say, "Yeyo!" She says "yeyo"... have you ever seen the movie "Scarface"? That's the slang word they use for cocaine. Yeyo. Anyhow, when I get to the purple page, she knows that one, too. And she says "purple" nearly perfectly. Well, it's sort of like "purpa" but there's no mistake about what she's saying.

If you ask her what color anything is outside of that book-- like, "what color is this flower?"-- she'll say its yellow. I guess its good that she understands that "color" and "yellow" have something to do with each other.

Pregnancy update: tossed up some pancakes today. I coughed so hard that I puked a little. I think that if I hadn't been pregnant-queezy, I wouldn't have puked. And if I hadn't coughed, my morning sickness wouldn't have caused me to barf. It was just the perfect storm.

Oh, and buttermilk pancakes with blueberry syrup are my latest pregnancy craving. Soooooo delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment