Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Compliments to the Chef

Elise has started drinking the cow's milk that I offer her. At first she would sip it and spit it out. Literally spit it, or let it dribble down her chin. I just let her do it and figured she would eventually get used to the taste. Sure enough, now she's drinking it.

I think that drinking the cow's milk has only cut back on her breastfeeding the smallest bit at this point. She definitely still wants lots of boobie food at night, to go to sleep by, and every time she gets hurt. If she falls over and it makes her cry, she'll come to me asking, "Mill? Mill? Mill?" She just wants the comfort of feeding for a minute or two.

Elise is big on kisses lately. She kisses everything. Cats, kids, inanimate objects. And with extreme regularity now, when she gets done breastfeeding she gets this happy, appreciative look on her face and kisses my breast 3 or 4 times. Its strange and cute. Her way of saying thank you, I suppose.

I think that weening has officially begun, but I also think that this will be a slow process.

No comments:

Post a Comment