Tuesday, April 12, 2011

No No Shake

Elise has started shaking her head no. She won't want to eat anymore and she'll shake her head no at the spoon moving toward her mouth. If I try to feed her more anyway, she spits it all over me. I listen to her now when she says no.

Tonight she told me she had to go potty and then saw a toy she wanted to play with. As I grabbed her hand to take her to the bathroom she dragged her feet and shook her head no.

If I shake my head yes at her Elise will shake her head no back at me. She laughs at that, like she knows she's contradicting me.

My snooty little baby just got snootier.

2 comments:

  1. Andy occasionally shakes his head no when he is done eating. The other thing he does is throw his food all over the walls and floor. I'm trying to teach him sign language for "all done." So far, we have to rely on the head shake or food being thrown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise drops food on the floor, too. Mostly her Cheerios. She's made quite a game out of dropping them when I'm not looking.

    ReplyDelete