Thursday, May 24, 2012

Eat It; The Wave

* Clark had his first oatmeal a couple of days ago. He seemed to like it a lot. I make the oatmeal myself instead of buying the baby oatmeal; I just grind the dried rolled oats in a coffee grinder and cook the oatmeal on the stove, making sure to stir it often because it will clump otherwise. That's what I fed Elise, too, when she was little.

* Today was kind of hectic, so dinner tonight included (fake meat) corndogs. I pulled the stick out of the kids' corndogs and cut the doggies up-- you know, hotdogs are a choking hazard-- but I left my stick in my own corndog. Elise noticed this and pointed at my plate, asking, "What's that?"

"It's a stick."

Elise sat and looked at me for a long time. Then, in a confused and rather surprised tone she asked, "Mommy? You eat STICKS?"

* Clark started waving today! He waves mostly for hello. I guess he usually gets kissed when one of us has to go bye bye, so he doesn't get it yet that you can wave good bye, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment