Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pears and Poop

Clark ate pears for the first time today! He really liked them-- cried when he'd finished eating the pears I'd made him. I gave him some rice cereal after that, but I could tell that what he really wanted was more pears.

Also, I think I gave him a black eye. I was trying to stop the kids' toy box from falling on him, and I accidentally poked him in the eye. Hard. Now Clark has a dark red half-circle under his eye. God. I feel like a rotten mommy. I was trying to protect him and I ended up hurting my sweet little Babu.

In other news, here's how Everyone Poops has changed our lives: Elise now thinks it's appropriate to shout about poop while we're in public. I took the kids into the bathroom stall with me while we were at the mall today. So it was a really big, busy bathroom. I had to go. I couldn't wait. And Elise was kind enough to notice just what I was doing. She shouted over and over again, "Mommy pooping! Mommy pooping! You pooping, Momma! Yay Mommy! Mommy pooping!" On and on and on. Yelling. No amount of redirection or shushing would make her stop. It will be funny to me tomorrow. Today I just feel kind of embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment