Tuesday, May 8, 2012

More Goings On

* Clark sat unassisted for about 4 minutes straight yesterday, so I'm officially considering him able to sit up on his own now. Yay! Good job little Babu!

* I weighed Clark Sunday morning and he was two tenths of a pound shy of 22 lbs. Time to get new car seats! I can't carry him around in his infant car seat anymore, as its weigh limit is 22 lbs. We ordered two new convertible car seats online, one for each vehicle.

* Mother's Day came early for me this year! I asked for and received a doormat. Yes. A doormat. But it's really cool! It's an LL Bean Waterhog doormat... and if it saves me even the slightest effort in sweeping our living room floor every day, it will be worth every penny.

* Whenever something surprising happens, Elise now says, "Oh my gosh!" or really it's more like "Omigosh!" It's kind of funny. She knocks over her milk, "Omigosh!" A book falls down off of the shelf, "Omigosh!" Today she used it in a slightly different, but still appropriate, context.

We were at the grocery store and Elise was walking a few steps behind me. I kept an eye on her by frequently looking over my shoulder, but she was occasionally out of my immediate view. Well, as we were walking down the pet food isle, I turned around and she was gone. Gone. GONE. No Elise. Holy shit. So I yelled (not even trying to maintain my composure) "ELISE!!!" about four times in quick succession and then she pops her head out of the bottom shelf of the giant bags of dog food, which she had decided to climb.

I grabbed her and hugged her and told her, "Do you see how scared I am? I couldn't see you and I thought you were lost or that somebody had taken you away from me. If you ever really got lost, I would cry forever. Please stay where I can see you. I love you so much. I was really scared."

And she hugs me back and says, "Omigosh. Omigosh, Mommy. I so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Omigosh. I so sorry."

1 comment:

  1. She reminds me of her youngest aunt and her sensitivity to how other people feel.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete