Thursday, August 30, 2012

Parenting: I'm Doing Something Right

Today Elise was blowing bubbles outside with Clark. Fun, fun, giggles, smiles, giggles... then DISASTER. Elise knocked over her bottle of bubble solution and somehow every last drop poured out onto the ground. Elise had a yelling, crying, flopping hissy fit. I said "I'm so sorry" about a million times. Also, "I understand. I wanted to blow more bubbles, too." And, "If there was anything I could do to fix it, I would." And so on and so forth.

After a few minutes she calmed down and we went back inside of Georgia and Henry's speech therapist's office. She sat down next to me in a chair and said, "Mommy. I'm sorry I got mad."  I hugged her and said, "Thank you. That was very nice of you to apologize."

But here's how I felt on the inside:

No comments:

Post a Comment