Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Teddy Tuckins

Jesus H Christ. Elise sleeps with these three teddy bears-- a big white bear named Mama Bear, a little white one named Achoo, and a little red one she refers to as Other Baby Bear. Well, for the past two weeks, it has not been enough to just sleep with the bears in her bed. The bears have to be tucked in at the same time that she is being tucked in. The bears have to be tucked in a very, very, VERY particular way. So particular that I never get it right. EVER. And she has a goddamn meltdown about it nearly every day. Sometimes twice a day because there is both nap time and bedtime, after all. I line them up and tuck the blanket under their chins. Wrong. I pile them together and wrap the blanket around them. Wrong. I do EXACTLY whatever nonsensical thing Elise tells me to do to tuck in the teddy bears and it's still wrong, wrong. wrong. I even suggested that maybe we're having so much trouble making the teddy bears happy because the teddy bears don't actually want to be tucked in-- they'd probably rather just sleep on top of the covers. WRONG!

Dear God, let Elise outgrow this phase quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment