Sunday, November 27, 2011

A for Effort

Tonight I tried for the first time ever to cornrow hair. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best possible execution, I'd give myself a solid 1.5. And that's just out of pity. For myself. Hey, at least I tried. I don't know anything about doing hair. I barely brush my own. I cut my hair short so I don't have to brush it. And I don't wear make up. Not like "I just throw on a bit of blush and some mascara before I leave the house," but seriously, I don't wear make up. So what do I know about styling hair into a shape that requires some actual skill? I have two younger sisters but we did NOT sit around doing each others hair. Ever. That did not happen.

I think that if I keep trying, eventually I'll get better at braiding cornrows. I might not have years of experience with pretty lady rituals, but I DO have perseverance. Hang tight, Georgia! Eventually I'll figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment