Friday, November 18, 2011

That Was Quick

After I had Elise, it took about 6 months until mommy and daddy time was 100% pleasurable for me again. I had some amount of pain for so long that I was just about to make an appointment with my OBGYN, and then the pain started to subside. Like, I seriously thought that maybe sex would never feel good again.

Well, it did. And just in time for me to get pregnant with Clark.

So when Husband and I decided recently to give it a go 6 weeks after 9-pounds-of-baby-out-the-hooha, I was a bit nervous. If you were inside my head you would have heard, "Okay. Okay. You can do this. It'll be okay. Try to look sexy. Or at least relaxed. Or at least not like someone's about to stab you with an ice pick in your lady parts. Let's just get this over with. Okay. It's okay..."

I'll spare you the details, BUT let me just say that everything went fine. No pain. I couldn't believe it! It was amazing.

Then I realized that my body is now in this fulfill-my-biological-purpose-and-stuff-me-full-of-babies mode, making everything about sex and conception exponentially easier. My baby pump has been primed. Look at how quickly I got pregnant with Clark after Elise was born. I'm STILL in shock that I got pregnant a second time. And now, after Clark, by body is even quicker to jump back into form for baby making. Yikes!

I'm definitely getting an IUD this time. Husband and I have discussed it. It's going to happen. Soon. Elise and Clark are the best things that have ever happened to me, but I'm done with biological children now.

No comments:

Post a Comment