Monday, July 2, 2012

Back To Sleep Training

I have been terrible at sleep training Clark. Terrible. He stays in our bed all night long. He wakes up every two hours or so. He's almost 9 months old! He should be sleeping through the night in his own bed. Ugh.

Okay. Time to put my foot down. My goal is no nursing at night because then he'll sleep longer. But I have to start small. No nursing between 11pm and 3am. That's my current short-term goal. Clark will wake up and cry and cry, but I WILL NOT nurse him. Then eventually he will get the picture and start sleeping longer. Stop using my boob as a pacifier. Once I get him sleeping for longer stretches, then I'll start putting him back into his bassinet. Yes. That is my plan. I will be strong. I will get through this. Clark and I will both be happier for it.

Less sleep now = more sleep later. Less sleep now = more sleep later. Less sleep now = more sleep later...

No comments:

Post a Comment