Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sex Offender Registry and Other Stuff

I was up late last night looking at my state's list of registered sex offenders. There's one in my neighborhood. :( Also, someone I went to high school with is on the list. Friend of a friend type of person-- no one I knew well, but someone I was in social situations with. He got caught masturbating at a bus stop. Who DOES that, right?! Well, I know who...

Also, I didn't mention it last week, but I left Elise for the first time ever last Wednesday. I had an interview for a teaching job. A part-time thing that will help me stay home with Elise longer. So I had to go. If I can do anything to stay home longer and not put Baby Baby in day care, then that's my top priority.

I was a nervous wreck on Tuesday. Not because of the interview but because of leaving Elise. I'm talking mild panic attack nervous. Husband was going to watch her and I know that he's more than capable. I expressed some milk so he'd have it if he needed it. I KNEW everything would be okay. But I had major separation anxiety.

Anyway, everything went fine. Elise didn't even miss me. I have training classes to go to in August so that I can teach in the fall. And now I've passed the major milestone of being away from my baby for more than 1 hour and for a greater distance than a few dozen yards.

Oh, and Elise laughs for real now. Like "ha ha ha ha ha ha" and not just one smiley "ha." It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment