Sunday, June 13, 2010

Toofies?

I think Elise might be teething.

Oh god. I'm not ready for teeth.

She has been drooling like CRAZY. Not cute little baby drools. Puddles. And sometimes the drool is all bubbly. Like she has rabies.

Also, she's been gnawing on her fingers. Not sucking. Chomping.

I thought "no, it's too early for her to be teething" but I looked it up anyway. Nope. Babies can get teeth at 3 months old.

I'm not ready for teeth.

I also read that it can take up to 3 months to cut teeth, though, so hers might not pop up until she's 6 months old. I hope that's the case.

Every new thing she does-- every little milestone-- makes me want burst out crying. She's getting really good at holding her head up, which both fills me with pride and makes me die inside a little. She's growing so fast and it feels like her babyhood is slipping through my fingers.

I'm not ready for teeth. That will make her just that much less of a baby. Oh lord. Maybe I'll call them "toofusses" to keep it from seeming so real.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew likes gnawing on his teething ring, even though he doesn't have teeth yet. I also read that babies can be born with teeth!

    ReplyDelete