Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baby's First Funeral

Elise went to her first funeral yesterday. She did well. Slept through about half of it and was quiet for the rest.

Husband's uncle passed away unexpectedly. Very sad. I didn't know him-- I think I met him just once-- but the service was lovely and from what was said, he sounded like a pretty cool guy. I'm sure I would have liked him if I'd have had the chance to get to know him.

When we first heard the bad news and started making plans to go to the funeral, I worried about what Elise should wear. It's hard enough to find a dress for a 4 month old that isn't pink, let alone trying to find one that's black. But then I read that you aren't supposed to dress babies in black anyway, since they aren't mourning. You just dress them like they're going to church. So we found a little white and brown dress and some white baby shoes.

Hopefully that's the last funeral for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment