Sunday, July 11, 2010

First Time With the Teething Ring

Elise used her teething ring for the first time tonight. She's been very chompy lately. She'll put things in her mouth not just to suck on them but to chomp, too. So I thought I'd give the ol' teething ring a try. See if she likes it.

The one we have goes in the freezer so it's cold. It has lots of different textures all around the ring. Elise liked the cold, which kind of surprised me since she's used to warm breast milk. She turned the ring round and round to try all of the textures. Chomp, chomp, chomp.

She used it for so long that I thought she must be hungry. I tried to feed her. No dice. Not interested in boobie. AND her mouth was freezing cold. I'm just glad that at this point she is willing to differentiate between the teething ring and my nipple. At least she chose to reject my breast instead of chomping on it.

Thank you, whoever invented cold teething rings. You've made Elise a very happy baby.

2 comments:

  1. Mikey is THIS close to cutting that first tooth and he appreciates his mesh feeder to the nth degree at this time in his life.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Teething-Feeder-Colors-Vary/dp/B00014PLGS
    When Elise gets on solids and you feel comfortable with her consuming whole strawberries that have been sucked out the tiny holes of a mesh bag, this thing will save your life.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've seen those! i've always wondered if they work. they look like messy fun!

    ReplyDelete