Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Just Visiting

I went with my sister to her first OBGYN appointment today. Brother-in-law couldn't go. I was a husband stand-in.

My sister is going to the same practice that I went to, and the midwife who delivered Elise saw her today. Yay, reunion. All of the ladies in the office cooed over Elise. Especially the front desk ladies.

Elise was very cranky at the doctor's office. I think that she either 1) realized that she was in a doctor's office and was afraid she'd get some shots like she did yesterday, 2) hated that she wasn't the center of attention, 3) was having teething troubles, or 4) got worried that we were there to put her back where she came from. Or some combination of the above.

Anyway, Sister got an ultrasound done, and there's a blob in there all right. With a teeeeensy little heart beating at the center.

It was a much more relaxed visit than my first visit for Elise. I was bleeding, so they moved my appointment up by a week (I went in at 7 weeks instead of 8 weeks) and I was terrified the whole visit that they'd tell me that I was on my way to miscarrying. Even when they did the ultrasound, I could never really see the heart beating on the monitor so I was barely reassured. Husband said he saw it, so I took his word for it.

But Sister definitely has a little 8 week old baby in her belly. And Elise was one of the first people to meet the little sprout.

No comments:

Post a Comment