Monday, July 5, 2010

Memory: Moving

One of my earliest memories is moving house. I don't know exactly how old I was. My guess is about 3 years old. I have this faint memory of driving up to the house I grew up in. And then I remember my parents lying my little sister onto some kind of mat or blanket on the floor in the front room and telling me to come eat. I was concerned that my sister was sleeping and wasn't awake to eat with us, but my parents told me to let her sleep. That's all I remember.

I think this is my earliest memory because I don't remember living in any other house before that one. I must remember that day because I'm sure that moving to a new house was a big deal to my little brain, so it hung on to that memory.

I wonder what Elise will remember from her toddlerhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment