Tuesday, July 6, 2010

True Blood

I only made that the title because I saw my first episode of the tv show True Blood the other day. It was alright. Vampire-y.

Anyhow, the hands down worst part of pregnancy for me was the spotting. Oh, the anxiety it caused me! Especially for the first few months, I lived in near-constant fear that I would lose the baby. It was awful. Especially after being incorrectly told that I HAD miscarried, I would have a really hard time of it whenever I would start spotting again.

Well, let me just tell you, I haven't had a period or any kind of post-childbirth bleeding for two months now and it is WONDERFUL! Thank you breastfeeding hormones!

I've got to keep this going. I'll just breastfeed indefinitely. When Elise gets too big, I'll become a wet nurse. I'll suckle piglets.

Eeew.

I read once that back in the old days (whenever that was) wet nurses would suckle piglets when they were between babies so that their milk wouldn't dry up. Is that true? I'm going to go look that up.

1 comment: