Monday, January 2, 2012

Baby Poops

Clark has separate pees and poos now.

For the first couple of months, my babies seemed to poop every time they peed. I think that all newborn babies are like that. But I don't know how it works, really. Maybe there is actually a somewhat constant stream of poop and pee and it just looks like they're happening at the same time because both are in the diaper every time I change the babies. Or maybe baby humans are like birds, where the poops and pees are practically the same thing for some reason. I mean, when all you're eating is milk, how specific does your body need to be when it's filtering waste?

Anyhow, for a few weeks now, Clark has been having lots of diapers that are just wet. Instead of pooping, like, 8 times a day, he poops 2 or 3 times a day. And almost never during the night. It's nice to have some not-poopy diapers sometimes.

You're growing up, little guy!

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited when Andy went down from pooping 14 times a day to like 8 or 10. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clark would have secret poos before, where I'd open up the diaper and there would be surprise poop inside. But now all of his poos are kind of loud. No surprises. I guess his body is going thorough an adjustment period.

    ReplyDelete