Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Eye Check

Today I had my first eye exam in over 2 1/2 years. Nothing major to report. The doctor said that my eyes have changed a little bit, but because I'm breastfeeding, my hormones could be affecting my eyes. She didn't change my prescription. My eyes COULD go back to having slightly better vision in the future, once I stop nursing.

Man. Babies really do a number on your body. Not even your eyeballs are safe.

I thought I was going to have my eyes dilated today, but apparently the medication that they use to dilate you can come out in your breast milk. For some reason that surprised me. I assumed that a drop or two of some medicine in your eyes wouldn't have much consequence. Good thing I mentioned that I'm breastfeeding!

So my eyes are fine and I don't need new glasses. Or "glack-is" as Elise used to call them.

No comments:

Post a Comment