Thursday, January 19, 2012

Weight Check; Talking Points

1. Just weighed Clark. An even 17 lbs, putting him in the 93rd percentile for weight.

2. Elise is getting fancy with her talking lately. She was pretending the other night that her fresh spinach leaves (round leaf with a little stem attached) were balloons. She warned them not to "run away in a sky" and "bumpa head."

Tonight she told me, "I need hot soup. I cold." Makes perfect sense. Then I thought about how she's not even 2 years old yet and I've never given her hot anything to make her warm. She had no context for the idea that if you eat something hot it will warm you up. She came up with that on her own.

We also had a discussion about tails today. She was looking at a toy frog and asked, "Tail?"

"No, frogs don't have tails."

"Baby Clark tail?"

"No, Baby Clark doesn't have a tail." (I thought this might turn into a penis conversation, but fortunately she took it in another direction.)

"Elisey tail?"

"Nooooo. Elise doesn't have a tail."

"I DO have tail! I DO have tail!"

"Um. Okay. Show me. Where is your tail?"

Elise twisted around and pointed to her lower back. "Above buns!" Giggle, giggle, giggle. She's crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment