Saturday, February 11, 2012

Clip and Save

I've decided to try couponing for a few weeks and see if it's worth it. I'm a pretty careful shopper as it is-- I plan meals and buy accordingly and keep sales in mind while I'm picking out our menu for the week. But I'm going to go the extra mile and see just how much I can save.

I'm not sure if our diet will be amenable to the awesome savings you hear about sometimes. "Cut your grocery bill in half" or whatever. Sure, if you want to eat Hot Pockets and Kraft macaroni and cheese all week long. So we'll see. We did some shopping today and we saved about 20% off our bills. Not a bad start, I guess.

5 comments:

  1. I use saymmm.com to keep our budget in check. It helps me to see what we're eating for the week and how to double the use out of certain products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girls in the masters program I am in goes to iheartthemart.com for Walmart coupons,Krazyladycoupons, and iheartcoupons. Try these and maybe you will come up with a couple of coupons that you use.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you find any good sources. I can never find coupons for the foods we buy. I can only ever find coupons for expensive stuff, never for things like pasta and canned beans and frozen veggies and things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, mom! i'll check that stuff out.

    jen, i'm using couponmom.com right now. so far i've found good deals on canned veggies, cheese, soup, and toothpaste. i'm making a point of not buying anything i don't buy already. i don't want to become one of those crazy couponers that has a pantry full of doggie biscuits that they got for $.05 a box, but no dog. you know the type. i'm just looking for deals on things we already buy.

    lots of companies will send you coupons if you just write to them on their website. so far, i've gotten coupons from Amy's Kitchen, which is a brand that we buy often. yay!

    ReplyDelete