Thursday, February 16, 2012

More Silliness From Elise

Yesterday Elise sat a cup down next to my diaper bag and when I went to move my bag, not seeing the cup, I knocked it over.

"Elise! You didn't put your cup back on the table, now your water's all over the floor."

Elise walked in from the other room and in a high-pitched, thoroughly mocking tone she said, "E-leeeeeeeeeeeees. I spill your waaaaater." I took that to be her 1 year old way of saying, "Look, lady, you spilled the water, not me." Thanks for keeping it real, Elise.
......

Tonight Elise was having trouble sleeping. Husband was getting her a glow worm to snuggle with, and I went into her room and told her, "Daddy's going to bring you something special to help you sleep."

"It a elephant?"

"No, it's not an elephant. Why would Daddy bring you an elephant?"

"It a cup?"

"No, not a cup."

"Oooh! It a cupCAKE?!"

"Noooo..."

"It a lemon?"

She went on like this until Husband arrived. We've never played that kind of guessing game before. She just did that on her own. It was cute. She also told me that I have pretty hair, giraffes have two legs, and spiders like to "open their wings." Sleepy talk, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment