Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"I Scared!"

We got that light up ladybug toy in the mail yesterday. The one I ordered with my Huggies rewards points. It's pretty awesome. It shines constellations on the ceiling when the room is dark. Elise totally loves it.

Henry kind of loves it and is kind of afraid of it. If he's sitting still holding it, he's fine. But then if he makes the mistake of getting up and trying to move around the room while he's holding the toy and the lights are out, all of the little stars seem to be bouncing around the room following him and it TOTALLY freaks him out. Like, instant yelling, tears, shaking in terror kind of freak out. Poor little guy.

So after Henry had a freak out tonight, Husband and I turned the lights back on, told the kids that everything was okay, and offered to show them the stars again to prove that everything was all right. We put the ladybug in the middle of the room and didn't let anyone hold it, and we turned the lights back off.

Then Elise, anticipating Henry freaking out again, started crying.

"What's wrong Elise? What's wrong? Use your words."

"I SCARED!"

"It's okay. It's okay. What are you scared of?"

"I scared! I don't know why! I don't know why!"

Ridiculously cute. We got everyone calmed down and loving the toy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment