Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Are You Sorry Now?

Yesterday while Husband was tucking Elise in for a nap, she got mad at him for tickling her and she hit him. We then proceeded to try to make Elise say she was sorry.

"Elise! Tell Daddy you're sorry."

(She starts crying.)

"Tell me you're sorry for hitting me Elise. It's not nice to hit."

"Suh... suh... sar... sar... suh..."

"Elise! You need to say you're sorry!"

"Suh... sar... suh... I can't! My words won't work!"

This went on for a while. She could say every other word in the English language perfectly fine, but for some reason "sorry" couldn't come out of her mouth.

"Elise. Tell Daddy you're sorry for hitting him or you'll go to time out."

"Suh... suh... IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!"

It's the worst when kids make you break character (that character being the stern parent) because they've said something ridiculous. Husband and I were trying so hard not to laugh.

She eventually apologized.

No comments:

Post a Comment