Thursday, January 3, 2013

Maybe a House

Our offer was accepted on a house. We still have a LOT of hoops to jump through, though, so no time to celebrate just yet. It's a short sale, so the bank still needs to approve the amount we offered, there needs to be an inspection of the property, and our financing all needs to come through.

Fingers crossed.

I don't love this house. It will do. It's about 400 sq feet bigger than the house we have now, plus a garage (which we don't have presently). Also there's a porch that can be enclosed and an obvious place to add on by building an addition, if we ever feel so inclined and can afford it. The neighborhood is a little too "suburbia" for my taste, but it's in good school zones and has relatively low crime rates.

It will be nice to move closer to family and old friends. Also the city where we're moving has unbelievably awesome parks and playgrounds. The last time we were in town, some random dad at one of the playgrounds turned to me and said, "I never had a playground even close to this cool when I was growing up," and I said, "Yeah, me either." Then we both turned and looked at our children with equal parts love and bitter jealousy in our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment