Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Pee Pee Dance (of Happiness)

Henry is officially completely done with all forms of diapering. He no longer wears "pull up" diapers at night. Just undies. Just undies! 24 hours a day! Woo hoo!

We probably could have pushed the issue sooner and had him out of nighttime pull up diapers months ago. He'll be 4 years old in a couple of months, and I'd say we could have had him completely potty trained at 3 1/2 if we'd really been on our game. He's been keeping himself dry at night for a while now. But we have lots of kids and plenty of reasons to wake up in the middle of the night already. The last thing I want to do is wake up and change sheets and start a load of laundry. I figured, if he doesn't pee, great! And if he does, then I won't have to clean up the mess. What's the harm in keeping the diaper on him at night? But it got to the point where it was glaringly obvious Henry was ready to ditch the diapers-- when I found him using the bathroom on his own at 3 in the morning, I figured that he definitely had it all sorted out on his own.

Mommy happy dance! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment