Saturday, January 12, 2013

Potty On My Mind

Georgia finally peed in the potty at home!!!

Notice I said "at home." She apparently pees in the potty at school all the time.

At home, for the longest time Georgia would sit on the potty for a few minutes and then proudly declare, "I peed in the potty!" when in fact she hadn't. Husband and I would say, "Well, you didn't pee this time, but thanks for trying."

I assumed Georgia had duped the teachers at school, because they kept telling me how she uses the potty. I was thinking, yeah, right... they're just busy watching a zillion other kids and they're taking her word for it. But then the other day as I was picking Georgia up, I asked one of her teachers how her potty training is going at school.

"Great. She's still in the same diaper from this morning. Lately, she's been keeping herself dry almost all day."

And sure enough, she was still wearing the diaper she had left home in. She has a different brand of diapers at home and at school, so there was no mistaking it.

Damn.

So Husband and I were persistent this weekend! And she FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY peed on the potty at home. Here I had been thinking that she's just a late potty training bloomer. Nope! She didn't want to use the potty at home for some reason. Busted, Georgia! We know what's up now.

Oh, man. ONE kid in diapers soon. I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment