Friday, January 4, 2013

Ho Ho Hurl

Elise has been having vomiting problems.

It started while we were on vacation visiting family over the Christmas holiday. The first time it happened, we were in Target. Elise said she wasn't feeling well and that she wanted me to hold her. I picked her up and carried her while I pushed Clark in the front seat of a shopping cart. Husband had the other two kids in a separate cart. As I was walking past the greeting cards, Elise says, "Moooooommy. I don't feel well." And then drenched me in vomit. My shirt was covered, her shirt was covered. Vomit was dripping down her pants, and had pooled in my shoe. Vomit was coming out of her nose. I yelled for Husband to go find an employee, so he took Clark and ran off with the kids while Elise puked all over me three more times.

Get this, though. People were walking by, making eye contact with me. Not one of those assholes said, "Are you guys ok?" or "Can I go get someone for you?" No one. I know puke is gross and whatever, but be a decent human being and at least ask a person who is clearly in distress if you can go get someone else to help. Merry Christmas, jerkwads.

I couldn't leave the spot we were in because there was vomit all over the floor and I didn't want someone to slip in it. So I waited for Husband and the Target employee to arrive and then asked Husband to go buy me a new shirt. While the employee cleaned the floor, I took Elise's shoes off, changed her shirt, and put clean pants on her. I always have a change of clothes for the kids in my diaper bag. Thank god.

Not a change of clothes for me, though. So I had to walk to the front of the store and to the restrooms literally covered in vomit. It was pretty awful. Elise felt better after she puked, so she was doing good by that point. Once I got changed and cleaned up, everyone was okay.

The second time Elise puked was while we were opening presents on Christmas morning. Sorry, Nana. At least it wasn't as much vomit as the first time.

The third time Elise puked, she came into our bedroom around 6:00 in the morning after we'd gotten back home from our vacation the night before and she said, "Mommy. I'm going to vomit." Which she did. On our bed. My side.

Then she threw up this morning. In the toilet this time. (Yay!)

Elise never had a fever, diarrhea, constipation, a bad cold with queeze-inducing post-nasal drip... nothing. None of the other kids got sick, either. I took her to the doctor this morning and the current line of thinking is that she has reflux right now. She has to take Prevacid for the next two weeks to see if that helps. I hope it does. Poor baby.

1 comment:

  1. It may be part of the crud that her cousin has been dealing with. He has thrown up several times as recently as Tuesday. He still has the cough. So do not rule out a viral infection or something like that.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete