Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Talk With Your Eyes

I got my January-is-eye-check-up-month eye exam today. No major changes. That's good, because I just bought new glasses. Stupid me. But I wanted to use up the last bit of money in our flexible spending account (because if you don't spend it, you lose it) and I had to use it before my eye exam was scheduled, so I just went ahead and got new glasses and hoped for the best. Luckily, it worked out.

My eye doctor is really nice. Young. She has a two year old son, a little younger than Elise and Georgia. We were chatting during my exam and it turns out that her son goes to speech therapy at the same place Henry and Georgia go. It was actually really nice to talk to her about our kids' speech delays. It's not like I meet a lot of other moms with kids in speech therapy. The parents that I do chat with in the speech therapy waiting room often have kids that are in vastly different situations-- the kids are much older, the kids have had a head injury, the kids are mentally challenged. My eye doctor's son is in the same situation as Henry and Georgia; he's had chronic ear infections and it's impacted his speech.

So I got my eyes checked out AND had a few minutes to "talk shop" with another mommy. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment