Saturday, July 9, 2011

Baby Jackass

You know that show "Jackass" with the guys that do silly stunts and someone usually ends up getting hurt? My kids are working on a baby version of that show, I think. They love to each put their blankets over their heads so that they can't see, then run around the room together. They knock into each other, the furniture, the walls. They fall down and laugh and laugh. Unless they get hurt, then they cry for a second and get back up and do it again.

If one of them sees another putting a blanket on, they all have to do it. I try to act as referee, directing the kids away from edges of dressers and bookshelves. Eventually, it becomes too much and I make them stop, which then makes the kids sad and mad. I tell them, "You just got those baby teeth-- I don't want you to knock them out already!" But they don't understand.

Also, Elise likes to tackle and baby wrestle Henry. Even though he weighs half again as much as she does (Henry ~ 30 lbs, Elise ~ 20 lbs), Henry just falls to the ground and squirms and cries while Elise tries to pin him like some sort of greco-roman wrestler. It's really funny to watch and the last time she did it I laughed so hard I peed my pants a little. For real. I mean, we pull Elise right off of him, but she's quick and very determined and it looks hysterical, given their size difference.

Crazy babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment