Thursday, July 7, 2011

Today Has Been Better

So far, so good! Don't want to jinx myself as the day isn't over, but nothing too bad has happened today.

We've resolved SOME of the kitchen sink leaking problem... looks like we really will need to call a plumber to get it fixed all the way but we're no longer at code-orange shut-off-the-water-to-the-sink-before-we-have-a-disaster level anymore.

Elise has contracted Georgia's rash-- the one we took Georgia to the ER for a few days ago. But since we know what the illness is and that there's no treatment for it, it's kind of no big deal. I'm sorry that Elise is sick, but she doesn't notice the rash so she isn't suffering because of it.

I had an appointment at the OBGYN's today. After all of the crappedy-crap I've dealt with over the last few days, I was fully expecting to be told that I have gestational diabetes. Nope. Glucose test came back fine.

I've only gained 2 pounds over the past month, which is good because I gained 9 pounds the month before that. I wish I could say that I've been watching my portion sizes or exercising more, but that's not the case at all. I think that my body just does what it needs to do when it needs to do it while I'm pregnant. So I don't gain a steady pound per week-- sometimes I gain more and sometimes I gain less. Whatever. I was able to lose my baby weight with Elise in a reasonable amount of time, so I'm waaaaaaaaay less stressed about weight gain with Clark. I kind of don't care. And since Husband seems to think pregnant bellies are cute/sexy/whatever, I have even less incentive to stress myself out about it.

My belly measured right at where it should be for a lady who is 28 weeks along. So, despite how I feel, I am not giving birth to a baby elephant. That's good to know.

Yep. Today has been okay. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment