Monday, July 18, 2011

Thankful

I met a lady and her daughter today and the lady told me that her daughter was born at 26 weeks gestation. Wowzers. I had already suspected that the little girl was delayed before the lady said anything, but after she told me that, I felt pretty certain that my suspicions were correct. Really premature babies like that little girl can have all KINDS of problems. Heart, lungs, eyes, speech development, gastrointestinal development-- pretty much anything can be effected.

My sister knows someone who has had 3 kids born very prematurely. One of the babies didn't make it. So sad. Something with that lady's body just makes those kids come out before they're ready.

I'm thankful that I don't have those sorts of problems. As difficult as the last few months of pregnancy can be, I'm grateful that Elise was only 3 weeks early. And I'm hopeful that Clark gets to cook until he's ready, too.

29 weeks down-- a maximum of 12 more to go!

Here's a link to a piece I heard on NPR today about women electing to schedule their deliveries weeks before their due date: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment