Friday, July 29, 2011

Runaway Baby

Elise's new trick is to suddenly take off running while we're out in public. I am in no condition to sprint after a 16 month old. Today at the library she ran away numerous times. I tried everything. I chased her and scolded her. I ducked around a corner and waited for her to get freaked out when she didn't see me following her. I tried to engage her attention and remind her over and over again to "stay with Mommy." Nothing worked. She'd get a glint in her eye and zip out of my grasp before I could do anything to stop her.

Finally, I ended up pulling some kind of groin muscle when I had to literally jump up and chase after her. I'm still quite sore hours later. What do you do for a pulled crotch tendon? Nothing, I guess. Cry about it. Ugh. Do they make baby shackles?

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Monkey backpacks with a harness and leash. Mikey's is a lion. And I don't care what I said about those leashes when I was pregnant, those kids need leashes.

    -Magz

    ReplyDelete