Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chatterbox Version 2

Clark is developing quite a vocabulary. He says daddy, up, down, nana (for banana), hi, bye-bye, uh-oh, and no. He also asks what things are by saying, "Dat?" He doesn't say mama very often, so I'm not counting that one yet. Clark loves to throw things and yell "DOWN!" which really sounds more like "dow" but I know what he means. And tonight after I put him in his pack&play for bedtime, he was crying "Up! Up! Up!" which was very sad.

I think he's going to be a big talker like Elise is. She even tries to teach him words. When he asks what something is, Elise loves telling him the correct word. She says it over and over again for him, very slowly. "Window. Window, Clark. It's a windoooooooow..."

Clark knows where my nose is when I ask, "Where's Mommy's nose?" And I got him to point to my ears earlier today, but I don't know if he'll still remember that tomorrow.

Clark has also used his words to express his displeasure. I've started giving him a little bit of cow's milk in a sippy cup, and he'll drink it but he clearly doesn't like it very much. Usually he just makes a face or shakes his head. Today he started throwing his sippy cup off the side of his high chair and saying, "Bye-bye!"


No comments:

Post a Comment