Monday, September 10, 2012

Elise Has an Ear Infection

Elise developed a fever after her vomiting and diarrhea issue last week. I assumed the fever was related to whatever stomach bug she'd caught. The fever didn't go away after the puking and pooping stopped, though, so I was starting to think that maybe the fever was a separate illness. I had planned to take her to the doctor's office today if she was still feeling under the weather. Then yesterday her fever spiked up to 102.5 (under her arm) and even with Tylenol it only came down to 101.7. I took her to urgent care.

Ear infection. Maybe a bit of a sinus infection and/or upper respiratory infection, too. Poor Elisey. She was miserable and now I see why. She was so fussy and whiny and yesterday she kept saying, "Mommy, my brain hurts."

A few doses of antibiotics later, she's back to her old wacky self.

No comments:

Post a Comment