Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween. I love it now way more than I did as a kid, because I love seeing my babies dressed up and having so much fun. And then I love eating all of their candy after they go to sleep.

Today Henry and Georgia both had Halloween parties at their schools. Of course, I had to buy candy and drinks and chips and stuff like that to contribute to their classrooms. Well, yesterday Elise caught wind of the fact that they were going to have classroom parties and she got all excited and thought she was going, too. I felt awful. So I told her that we were going to stay home and throw a surprise Halloween party for Daddy when he comes home for lunch tomorrow. Had to be quick on my toes with that one. But she totally bought into it and got super happy. So this morning we made decorations-- paper pumpkins and tissue paper ghosts and cottony cobwebs-- and lit some candles and found some Halloween music to listen to online. I think Elise had fun.

Tonight we went trick or treating. The kids really liked it. They especially liked seeing dogs dressed up in costumes. Ha!

We had to avoid some of the houses on our trick or treating route because the kids thought they were "too scary," but if no one was in a grim reaper costume or bloody zombie costume then the kids were mostly okay.

This year Henry was a ninja, Elise was a cartoony lion, Georgia was a fairy, and Clark was a more realistic lion. Elise has always been an animal so far. First she was a monkey, then a dog, and now a lion. Last year Henry was a cowboy. Georgia was a cow. Clark was a teddy bear.

This year I was a tired mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment